25 Cute Emoji Combinations To Use Everyday 💡
Emojis appeared in 1999 with an original set of 176 symbols made to represent time, weather and traffic. Today, there are more than 2,000 emojis that convey information across language, lifestyle, culture and diversity. Indeed, emojis have become one of the fastest forms of communication in history.
Seen by many as the cutest form of modern communication, emojis are used to enhance our feelings when words sometimes aren’t enough. Emojis also tell stories through emoji combinations and emoji sentences. Isn’t that amazing?! Simple sentences become fun puzzles when they turn into emoji combinations, emoji stories, and emoji sentences.
That said, emojis, especially when used in emoji sentences, emoji combinations and emoji stories can sometimes be subject to miscommunication, particularly when they have double or triple meanings. We know you don’t want that to happen!
On that note, to guide you on your way is a list of emoji combinations to help you put your point across perfectly.
Get ready to impress your family, friends and colleagues with what we have in store!
1. Conversational Emoji Combinations
First on our list of emoji combinations is what we often say when we agree with someone, it’s “I know, right?”
- Emoji translation: I 💡➡️
- Emoji sentence: When you were talking about the rise in gasoline prices over dinner last night, I was going, “I 💡➡️ ”
- Breakdown: An emoji combination of the 💡 Light Bulb emoji and the ➡️ Right Arrow emoji.
We’ve all been there – when you’re busy doing something at work or at school and someone messages you and you don’t have time to entertain them you say, “I can’t talk right now.”
- Emoji translation: I can’t 🗣️➡️ now.
- Emoji sentence: I read your message, I am really sorry but I can’t 🗣️➡️ now.
- Breakdown: An emoji combination of the 🗣️ Speaking Head emoji and the ➡️ Right Arrow emoji.
When you want to say thank you to a friend or family you met up with you usually say, “Thank you for your time.”
- Emoji translation: 🙏➡️👤 for your ⏰
- Emoji sentence: 🙏➡️👤 for your ⏰, the solutions you gave to my problem helped me a great deal.
- Breakdown: A mix of the 🙏 Folded Hands emoji, the ➡️ Right Arrow emoji, the 👤 Bust In Silhouette emoji and the ⏰ Alarm Clock emoji.
When you’re done talking to someone and you just want to say, “Good night!”
- Emoji translation: 👍🌃
- Emoji sentence: Thank you for the awesome conversation, 👍🌃
- Breakdown: The 👍 Thumbs Up emoji and the 🌃 Night With Stars emoji.
“Just so you know,” we say this statement a lot. It’s a phrase given usually at the end of a statement saying that the information being given is given as a courtesy, and that there are specific expectations of you now that you have this information.
- Emoji translation: Just so ➡️👤💡
- Emoji sentence: Just so ➡️👤💡, I followed your advice and decided to break up with her.
- Breakdown: A fusion of the ➡️ Right Arrow emoji, the 👤 Bust in Silhouette emoji, and the 💡 Light Bulb emoji.
2. Sassy Emoji Combinations
Let’s put a touch of sassy to our list of emoji combinations with the “Talk to the hand” combo!
- Emoji translation: 💁✋
- Emoji sentence: I have had enough of your complaining, 💁✋
- Breakdown: A combination of the 💁 Person Tipping Hand emoji and the ✋ Raised Hand emoji.
Another sassy entry to our group of emoji combinations is, “Read it and weep.”
- Emoji translation: 👀 📕😭
- Emoji sentence: I have enough proof to debunk your theory, check out what I researched, 👀 📕😭
- Breakdown: This one is composed of the 👀 Eyes emoji, the 📕 Closed Book emoji, and the 😭 Loudly Crying Face emoji.
Filed under the “real talk” portion of our list is the statement, “Not my cup of tea.”
- Emoji translation: 🙅🍵
- Emoji sentence: Going bowling with that group, 🙅🍵
- Breakdown: A combination of the 🙅 Person Gesturing No emoji and the 🍵 Teacup Without Handle emoji.
When someone says you are about to engage in risky and dangerous behavior and you are about to prove them wrong, a popular idiom to answer back is the saying, “Hold my beer.”
- Emoji translation: 🧑🤝🧑 my 🍺
- Emoji sentence: You say I can’t finish my report? 🧑🤝🧑 my 🍺
- Breakdown: A combination of the 🧑🤝🧑 Men Holding Hands emoji and the 🍺 Beer emoji.
TMI- we all know what that means! When you’re chatting with someone, and the person has revealed information that is too personal, making you uncomfortable, you say TMI, which means Too Much Information.
- Emoji translation: Too much ℹ️
- Emoji sentence: When she began talking about her date last night in full detail, I began to say, “Too Much ℹ️” in my head.
- Breakdown: The ℹ️ Information Symbol emoji.
Another common phrase is, “Just got home.” This one is pretty self-explanatory, you want to tell the person you’re talking to that you just got home.
- Emoji translation: Just got 🏠️
- Emoji sentence: Just got 🏠️, thank you for spending time with me today.
- Breakdown: The 🏠️ House emoji.
3. Encouraging Emoji Combos
On a more positive note, if you’d like to encourage your friends to not live with regrets, there’s the “Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk” emoji :
- Emoji translation: 🛑😢🥛
- Emoji sentence: It’s a bummer you missed that part of the exam, but 🛑😢🥛anymore, the best thing you can do is to learn from your mistakes.
- Breakdown: This emoji combination is a mixture of the 🛑 Stop Sign emoji, the 😢 Crying Face emoji and the 🥛 Glass Of Milk emoji.
A great piece of advice to give to people who get overwhelmed with is “one day at a time.”
- Emoji translation: ⬜ day at a ⏰
- Emoji sentence: Do what you can do today, you can’t solve all your problems in one day, take things ⬜ day at a ⏰
- Breakdown: A combination of the ⬜ White Large Square emoji and the ⏰ Alarm Clock emoji.
When you try to console someone that he or she has lots of options out there for future partners, you usually say, there’s plenty of fish in the sea.
- Emoji translation: There’s plenty of 🎣in the 🌊
- Emoji sentence: I am sorry your boyfriend broke up with you, but don’t worry, there’s plenty of 🎣in the 🌊
- Breakdown: A combination of the 🎣 Fishing Pole emoji and the 🌊 Water Wave emoji.
4. Emoji Combinations For Life Advice
“Don’t play with fire or you’ll get burned” – sometimes, we need to remind people to practice caution in making decisions because risky actions often lead to pain and injury.
- Emoji translation: ❌ ▶️ 🔥 or you’ll get 🔥
- Emoji sentence: I hope you will rethink your actions, impulsive actions might result to your downfall, ❌ ▶️ 🔥 or you’ll get 🔥
- Breakdown: A combination of the ❌ Cross Mark emoji, the ▶️ Play Button emoji, and the 🔥 Fire emoji.
If you’d like to remind people to be more grounded with their decisions, one way to say it is to tell them, “your head is in the clouds.”
- Emoji translation: ☁️🙆♀️ ☁️
- Emoji sentence: You need to face your problems and stop dreaming about what cannot happen, your ☁️🙆♀️ ☁️
- Breakdown: A mix of the ☁️ Cloud emoji and the 🙆♀️ Person Gesturing OK emoji.
Need to remind people to be more grateful to people that help them? The saying, “Don’t bite the hand that feeds you,” is the best way to express that.
- Emoji translation: ❌😁✋🥘
- Emoji sentence: Don’t disrespect him, he’s helped you with your tuition, whatever you do, I suggest you ❌😁✋🥘
- Breakdown: A fusion of the ❌ Cross Mark emoji, the 😁 Beaming Face With Smiling Eyes emoji, the ✋ Raised Hand emoji, and the 🥘 Shallow Pan Of Food emoji.
This is one idiom we all relate to! It’s something we do every day, we work hard for the money.
- Emoji translation: ⚙️ hard for the 💸
- Emoji sentence: When you ⚙️ hard for the 💸 you have, you have a hard time spending it.
- Breakdown: The ⚙️ Gear emoji and the 💸 Money With Wings emoji.
5. Love Emoji Combos
We’ve said this at least once in our life – I love you!
- Emoji translation: I ❤️ ➡️ 👤
- Emoji sentence: I ❤️ ➡️ 👤 you so much, and I am happy you are in my life!
- Breakdown: A mix of the ❤️ Red Heart emoji, the ➡️ Right Arrow emoji, and the 👤 Bust In Silhouette emoji.
When someone asks you about your love life and you want to talk about it in emoji. Or tired of talking about the status of your heart? There’s a way of saying, “getting over a break up” in emoji if you don’t want to put it into words.
- Emoji translation: Getting over a 💔⬆️
- Emoji sentence: I don’t think I am ready for a relationship, I’m getting over a 💔⬆️
- Breakdown: A mix of the 💔 Broken Heart emoji and the ⬆️ Up Arrow emoji.
Want to invite someone to Netflix and chill this weekend? There’s a perfect emoji for that!
- Emoji translation: 🍿📺❄️
- Emoji sentence: I’m not doing anything this weekend, why don’t you come over? Let’s 🍿📺❄️
- Breakdown: A blend of the 🍿 Popcorn emoji, the 📺 TV emoji, and the ❄️ Snowflake emoji.
6. Work Emoji Combinations
If you use emojis at work, there’s an effective emoji combo to describe contract signing.
- Emoji translation: The ✍️ is happening this 🌃
- Emoji sentence: There will be no more delays, the ✍️ is happening this 🌃
- Breakdown: A mix of the ✍️ Writing Hand emoji and 🌃 Night With Stars emoji.
Each workplace has objectives and top performers. If you’d like to discuss it through emojis, there’s an emoji combination to get you through.
- Emoji translation: Our 🏆 performers met all their 🚀⛳🎯
- Emoji sentence: Our 🏆 performers met all their 🚀⛳🎯 in the first quarter of the year.
- Breakdown: The 🏆 Trophy emoji, the 🚀 Rocket emoji, the ⛳ Flag In Hole emoji and the 🎯 Direct Hit emoji.
It happens to the best of us, due to circumstances sometimes beyond our control, we get to be late for work. Here’s how to say it in emoji.
- Emoji translation: I will be 🕙 for 🏢
- Emoji sentence: I will be 🕙for 🏢, I will be coming in at 10 am.
- Breakdown: A combination of the 🕙 Ten O’Clock emoji and 🏢 Office Building emoji. (There are emojis from 🕐 One O’Clock to 🕛 Twelve O’clock available on emojiguide.com for you to choose from).
7. Food Emoji Combination
Enjoying what you eat is definitely a treat! If you’d like to say “the food is good,” in emoji, here it is.
- Emoji translation: The 🍽️ is 👍
- Emoji sentence: The 🍽️ is 👍 at the restaurant down the street.
- Breakdown: A mix of the 🍽️ Fork And Knife With Plate emoji and the 👍 Thumbs Up emoji.
As we’ve noted, many emojis have multiple meanings. So it is so important to make your emoji combinations, emoji stories, and emoji sentences as close as possible to what they mean in words.
To do that, it really helps to consult sites, like emojiguide.com, that have a vast array of emojis to choose from. Once you’ve got what you wanted, all you need to do is the ole emoji copy and paste, then you’re done!
To add to that, more than being just a trendy thing to do, emojis are one of the few things people across the world can actually agree on. Yes, that’s how solidifying they truly are. Kids love them, teens and millennials sometimes use them more than actual words, moms and dads, and even grandpas and grandmas have recently been joining the emoji bandwagon.
Being skilled and knowledgeable on what is slowly but surely turning into the first global language isn’t just a past time, it’s also a tool to help you become a more inclusive communicator. And in today’s day and age, that’s a very important tool to have.